Thursday, February 02, 2017

Mystery card at Klompen Stampers

Thursday February 2, 2017
 
Monday Jan. 30th I took part in a Facebook Mystery card with
 
Jackie Bolhuis had a fun half hour card making where it was a mystery and it was all done at your own home and on facebook.  you could be in your grub cloths and not comb your hair (which is part of what I looked like LOL). She is on the east coast so I was 3 hours ahead of her but it all worked out great time wise and it's only half of an hour.
 
 We are asked to pick a stamp set (I chose "Know what I love?") and if it did not have a sentiment in it we could chose a sentiment. Pick your card base (I used elegant eggplant) and either Whisper white or Very vanilla to stamp your image on. I chose whisper white. (I don't know if you had to use Stampin up products but she is a Stampin up demonstrator and my products were all Stampin Up - as my best friend Karen is a Stampin up demonstrator so I have a bunch of their products) We were given 7 clues and they were spaced apart so you did not know what the out come was till you got to the end. We could chose a ribbon or twine. (I used elegant eggplant ribbon) and there was to be a banner strip but it just didn't work so I chose Stampin up stitched circle.
 
I will tell you it was fun but boy next time I will not chose a two or three stamp technique set and will figure a different sentiment set.. The YOU really does not belong at the top it should of been at the bottom lower left and the one at the lower left should of been the banner one.. But it is what it is and I do like it..
 
Challenges:
Crafty sentiments - lace or ribbon
Tuesday throw down #328 - love notes
Inky chicks #78 - clean and simple
Creative craft cottage #80 - must use flowers
Word art Wednesday wk. 268-269 - anything goes
Crafting by designs - Feb. anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday - the color of love
4 crafty chicks #336 - anniversary
Cute card Thursday #463 - be my valentine
Craft rocket #32 - it's a love thing
Art impressions - lots of love






11 comments:

Carolyn King said...

What a cool idea-love the idea of being able to be in pjs:)

Your card is beautiful-and I like the banner and sentiment on top!

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! Jane (GDT) xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Is it your Design paper you stamped self?
beautifully made Billie
and sweet YOU stamped there love it
wonderfully made my frien
hugs
Monika

Leanne said...

Great job Billie, love the stamp you used, as I love flowers, and a nice small but elegant sentiment. Well done, and thank you for playing our Anniversary Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

laurigami said...

Elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

Lin said...

That sounds like a fun idea, Billie, and I love your resulting card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kim said...

I love the stamped background and the way you separated the sentiment. Awesome card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous stamping! Sounds like a fun challenge!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Cheri Burry said...

Very pretty stamped card! Thanks for joining us over at Art Impressions!

Anonymous said...

Stunning , thanks for joining us at Crafty Rocket challenge , Lisa DT

Unknown said...

Very nice and elegant,love the stamping of the flowers xx Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Design and hope to see you again xxx